Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweet Christmas Moments!

On New Years Day we went and took some family pictures. Melissa's sister-in-law Brittany took the family pictures and Melissa took all of the rest. They turned out great!

It is hard to believe that our family now numbers 20!
We are excited to be adding another grandchild in March!

We feel so blessed to have this amazing family.
We were in a Sacrament Meeting when our children were really young. I think we had
only three or four children at the time.

A man stood up to bear his testimony. He said "I am not rich according to the worlds standard, but I have my Quiver full of Children and Grandchildren. I am very rich".

That has stuck with me and I think often of my own "Quiver Full".
I wouldn't trade them for all the riches in the world.

On New Years Day we also opened letters that we had written 9 years ago at the beginning of the New Century. We were suppose to wait until 2010 to open them. Since we were all together we felt like this was a good time to read them. It was fun hearing what everyone predicted they would be doing in 10 years. Some of them were pretty accurate.

This season has been bitter sweet as we realize that our family is changing even more.
We won't have as many opportunities to be together. But we will always cherish the time that
we do! We are so very thankful for technology that blesses our lives with blogs, email and web cam.

We have a friend who uses this phrase often..."It's all about Temples and Families".
We know that is true and we rejoice in our Family and the sealing power of the Temple.

2 comments:

Bon said...

Very perfect and sweet family picture. My has it grown! It is sad to see family leave and be farther away. It was the hardest thing for me to move from my parents. But it is true...it is all about family and temples..and thank goodness for web cams!!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I love the family picture, and agree with what Bonnie said, it has grown. We haven't had a picture done of the entire family for quite some time. Every year we have new additions which makes it hard to have an updated picture, but yours has motivated me to have it done the next time we are all home!