Monday, August 31, 2009

August 1959 was a very good month and year!!!

We had a very busy month but had a lot of great Celebrations!!

Melissa took these great photos of our recent celebrations.
I was to busy with other things to even think about taking pictures!


First my parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary.


We had an "Ultimate Soda Shoppe" open house for them. They love the 50's so we served ice cream sundaes and Root Beer floats. Mick was a great "Soda Jerk" and provided humor for the guests. We had great 50's music playing that my brother, David, prepared for the party. Mike and Ike's, hula hoops, 50's cars and gas pumps helped complete the party. Melissa put together a great music video on my parents life and we had that showing at the "Movie Theatre". My dad has a garage with old car's and 50's memorabilia. Every one had fun walking through "Route 66". Jennifer did a great job on the cake and it was delicious. My sister's, Debra and Amy, also helped in so many ways to make this day special for my parents.
I have been so blessed with good parents. They have set such a good example to me and my family of love, kindness, and service, ect. It was a fun day celebrating with them and their guests.

Mick's 50th Birthday Celebration!!!


A couple of days after my parents party we celebrated Mick and Kaylie's birthdays.

Mick reached the milestone of the big 5- 0 and Kaylie is 17.
We had a Mexican fiesta with family for dinner. Thanks to everyone for helping with the dinner! Especially Rachelle for saving the rice! We then had friends come to help us celebrate Mick's birthday and also honor him for receiving his PhD. from the University of Nebraska. We had the graduation march playing as he walked up and down among the group. Mom and Dad Smith then presented him with his Degree. It was a nice evening spent with family and friends. Melissa made a fun video for Mick with some great music, pictures and stories from family and friends. Jennifer was the cake queen of this past weekend. She made both Kaylie and Mick's cakes. They looked and tasted awesome. We were so happy that almost all of our children were able to be there. Carly was able to come for my parents 50th but had to miss Mick and Kaylie's party because of classes and distance. We missed Brianna at both events but are so happy with her missionary service in Texas.

I am so thankful for a wonderful husband. I have been so very blessed to have him in my life.
50 is not seeming very old. Mick just gets better with age! I hope to be celebrating many more birthday's with him.

2 comments:

Bon said...

You have such talented children. Happy Birthday to your hubby...50! OLD! HA! j/k...I love reading your blog and keeping up with your beautiful family!

Sherrie said...

Diane, it was wonderful to see you as well. How we love your family! I loved seeing Melissa again, too. It looks like we missed a great party but Mick wears fifty well.
Hopefully we can see each other again, this time with a little more visit time.
Love Sherrie