Friday, April 3, 2009

Our Newest Granddaughter!!!

Amaya Clarissa Pratt
Born March 23, 2009


-Amaya after her first bath-

We have a beautiful new granddaughter!
Jennifer and Jared have added this sweet baby to their family.
Amaya (pronounced A-my-a) seems to be a very happy baby
and is loved by her 3 sisters, Madeline, Aliza and Rachel.

-The Masked Pratt Family -



Jennifer and Jared have had an adventurous few months.
Amaya's birth was no different!
I drove to Idaho Saturday morning after finding out that Aliza had been admitted to the hospital for pneumonia.
Jared was with Aliza in the hospital and Jennifer at home with the girls.

Jennifer went into labor Monday morning and drove herself to the hospital.
I stayed with Madeline and Rachel. After Jennifer called to let me know that
they checked her in I called her friend to come and stay with the girls.

A nurse would stay with Aliza until I could get to the hospital.
About 10 minutes after I called Jennifer's friend, Jared called to say
that the baby had already arrived!!
It was a quick delivery...less than 2 hours after she had gotten to the hospital.

-Aliza the Patient -

Amaya was the newest grandchild I had seen at just 1 hour old.
It was fun watching her have her first bath and getting her footprints and picture taken.
Jennifer and Jared were both sick and exhausted from the events of the last few days.
They were able to sleep for a couple of hours.


-Amaya after her first bath at home-



Aliza spent the rest of the week in the hospital. I was glad that I was there to help out a little.
I spent sometime with Aliza in the hospital so Jared could be with Jennifer.

Jennifer and Jared are wonderful parents to their 4 sweet little girls.
Jared is such a great support to Jennifer.
And Jennifer is just amazing!
It is a lot of hard work on a day to day basis!
I had fun with Madeline, Aliza and Rachel.
They all have such different personalities and are
all so cute!

We are so thankful for this new addition to our family!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

jen said...

Thanks for the nice post Mom! Thanks again for coming up. You were a great help. We love you so much!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

This post made me cry thinking of what Jen went through. Man she is one tough chick! I am glad that everyone is home, happy and healthy. She is lucky to have such great parents!

Deb said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby and glad to hear everyone is healthy now!

Bon said...

What a beautiful new addition and I am sure she was so glad to have you there for all the help. Hope the other little girl is doing better! Not fun!

What sweet beautiful girls you have Diane...and how lucky they are to have a beautiful and wonderful mother like you!

Brittany said...

In that bath picture Amaya looks like Rachel. I hope you're feeling better.

Jbird08 said...

I'm glad to see that you are home and that the Pratt family is doing better now. Amaya looks like a little Pratt girl, too cute.

katielovie said...

She's way cute!! congrats on the grandbaby!! : )

Lynette said...

Congrats on your beautiful new grandbaby! Isn't it fun to be grandparents! I love it. Our family misses you guys, and we are so glad that everything worked out and all are healthy now.