Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Goodly Parents!

I have been blessed with wonderful parents.

I was reminded of this on Sunday as we spent time with them. My dad was released as a counselor in the Bishopric.
He has served over the last 30 years as a counselor (3 times) and as an executive Secretary.
We listened as he bore a very humble, strong testimony of the gospel, our Savior, the prophet Joseph Smith and the restoration. He also expressed gratitude for the Priesthood and being able to hold it. He expressed gratitude for my mom and the strength that she has been in his life.

My parents have faced many challenges in their lives, but in my eyes they have always been steadfast and immovable in living the gospel. They are good honest people who love the Lord and want to serve Him to the best of their abilities. They rarely think of themselves and are always working and serving others.

Many people on Sunday expressed their gratitude to me for my parents and the service they have given. My dad is known as a very gentle and humble man. He has great integrity and keeps his word. My mom is currently serving as Relief Society President. She is amazing. She is a strength to those she serves.

I have been born of goodly parents and feel it an honor to have been raised in a loving and kind home where the gospel has been the center. I hope that even in a small way that I can emulate them and bring honor to their names.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jen said...

Mom, I too am thankful for goodly parents and that you had good parents to raise you so you could be such a good example to me. I love you.