Sunday, April 13, 2008

Conference Weekend!


The Growing Smith family



We had everyone at our house for the Saturday sessions of conference.
We gathered everyone for a quick picture before eating breakfast and the beginning of conference.
We are beginning to think that it will be impossible to keep the picture updated as time goes on.
Brittany and Steven are expecting a baby in September so will be adding number 19 to the family!

The highlight of the Saturday morning conference session for Mick and I was the Solemn Assembly in which we sustained
our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and other General Authorities.
It was such a sweet and tender moment for us to look around the room and
watch as each member of our family stood and sustained our leaders.
First the Priesthood, then Relief Society, then Young Women and then all the general membership of the church.
Morgan showed her support by standing with each group :) and was excited to do as the rest of the family was doing!

Mick and I talked about this great event, of witnessing the sustaining of our prophet, with our family. We feel so blessed that each of our children along with their spouses are united in their testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel.

Sunday Mick, Carly, Kaylie and I went to the Conference Center to watch the morning session.
The music was wonderful. The spirit we felt was incredible.
We were thankful to have the opportunity to hear our newly sustained prophet speak!
Brianna and Cameron were also able to get tickets for that session as well as my parents.
We felt edified and strengthened by our experience.

I love conference and felt uplifted by the messages given.
Some of the ones that I especially enjoyed was President Uchtdorf's on "Faith of our Father's" and Sister Tanner's "I delight in....".
I also felt the confirmation of the Spirit of our Presiding First Presidency.
I love and sustain them and am so grateful to have their guidance in my life.
I also am grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith and his role in the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered and died for me. I know that He was resurrected and that He Lives!!
What a great privilage it is to be a member of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in this Day!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

wendysue said...

Love the photo of the whole gang, and congrats to Britney on the new babe coming!! Miss you guys!

Melissa said...

thanks for sharing your powerful testimony mom. I'm so glad we were all able to be together. love ya

Bon said...

I agree with what you said. We were finally all together as a family also and got to sustain the Prophet together. It is a special memory! Your family has grown and is so beautiful! You look so beautiful and happy as ever!!:)

Connie said...

You may need to take the next family picture in panoramic!! What a huge blessing!!

Rivka said...

That picture is a beautiful illustration of the fruits of living the gospel. Nothing this world has to offer can replicate the joy of being surrounded by a righteous family. It's been fun to keep up with yours!