Monday, April 21, 2008

Mick's Spanish Class



Mick teaches a Spanish Book of Mormon class once a week at the Institute.
He has really enjoyed teaching and has been able to "brush up" on his Spanish speaking skills.
He has been very blessed to retain the Spanish he learned from his mission over 25 years ago.
He says that I am totally biased but he really is fluent in the Spanish language.


He has made some mistakes while teaching but the students have
helped him and they have all had a great experience. I went to their last class. My Spanish is very limited.
I was able to understand a few words...very few! Mick was surprised when I was on the right pages he had the class turn
to in the Book of Mormon. I was saying the numbers in my head, uno, dos, tres, ect. and managed to figure out what he was saying.
I have a long ways to go if we ever get sent to a Spanish speaking mission!

Even though I wasn't able to understand what was being said I did feel the spirit that was there.
There was a very strong, sweet spirit as many of the students shared their testimonies
of the gospel, the Book of Mormon and the Savior.

The students brought food to share for the class fiesta.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you and Mick can remember your spanish! I wish I could, especially after taking 4 semesters of it! But it probably would help if I used it!