Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

Sharon Spencer
I Often go walking in meadows of clover,
And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue.
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over;
Dear mother all flowers remind me of you.
O mother, I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through;
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking,
I learn how to love them. dear mother, from you.
I always think of my mom when I hear this song. I also think of her when I walk through a garden, or make a nice dinner or serve a family member or neighbor. I think of her love and compassion for her family and all those around her.
I have been so very blessed to have the dear sweet mother that I do.
Abraham Lincoln said "All that I am, I owe to my angel mother"
I feel very much the same. I am who I am because of her example and goodness.


My mom in her younger days with my brother David.


Here is my "Carol Brady" mom and my dad.

It is amazing when Mick and I think about growing up in the 60's & 70's....how did our parents do it. My younger sister came along and then my parents had experience in the 80's & 90's also.

It is no wonder that my dad's favorite time period was the 50's !

Debra, mom, Amy & me
My mom is amazing. She has more energy than all 3 of us girls together. She maintains a beautiful garden, goes to yoga several times a week and is an avid walker. She has gone cross country skiing and went snow shoeing this year and loved it.
She gives her all in service to others and always goes the extra mile.
She has shown great strength as she has endured many challenges in life. I am honored to call her my mom and hope that I can emulate her in even a small way.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!
I love you!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: