Thursday, June 12, 2008

Aaronic Priesthood Encampment

Mick and I went to our Stake Aaronic Priesthood Encampment as a missionary couple.
We were assigned a zone with 13 young men which included 2 zone leaders.

This is the view we saw for the past 3 days.
It was absolutely beautiful! The Encampment was at the base of Mt. Timpanogos
near Sundance Resort.

This was my first experience camping with a bunch of young men...totally different than girls camp!


We had a main lodge that we ate in and the food was great!
We camped in Zones. Here a few of the young men are gathered around the Zone Leaders Tent.

The Theme for the Encampment was "Faithful Fearless"
Mick was in a vignette at the Sundance Amphitheater.
He played the role of a Bishop counseling a young man.
Captain Moroni and Mormon were also a part of this play.
A man from our ward had written the script.
It was very well written and went over very well.

The young men had workshops each day. They were all really good.
Mick spoke to the group one morning and talked about the
Atonement and Repentance. His talk was very powerful!

President Burgess from the General Young Men's Presidency
Spoke to us one night. This was very good and was a highlight of the week.

A recently returned missionary from Russia also spoke to the young men.
He was very impressive and a great role model for them.
Each of our Stake Presidency members spoke to us and
gave very uplifiting messages.

Each of the 8 wives had an opportunity to teach on the Sanctity of Womanhood to their Zones.
I felt good about my presentation and what I had shared with the young men.

There are so many other things I could write about this Encampment.
So much preparation, time and effort went into this event.
I think each of the young men there were affected in some way.
I know that I was strengthened by my experience at this Encampment.

We mingled with some great young men this week who will be amazing missionaries and future leaders of the Church.
I loved my experience and am very grateful that Mick and I had this opportunity.


Here we are on the Ski Lift going up to the top of the Mountain.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bon said...

That place is beautiful! I bet you two are the funnest leaders!! You are so beautiful Diane! Miss you guys!