Sunday, September 28, 2008

General Relief Society Meeting

I went to the General Relief Society Meeting with Melissa and Brittany Saturday. It was at Melissa's Stake Center and we had a nice dinner before the broadcast started. I was uplifted and encouraged by the messages given. Some of the things that stood out to me were...


Sis. Julie B. Beck

-Increase Faith and personal righteousness
- Strengthen home and families
- Serve the Lord and His Children
-Seek, receive and act on personal revelation

Each woman is needed to prepare for Christ's Second Coming. "In fact, the Lord cannot accomplish his work without the help of his daughters. Because of that, the Lord expects us to increase our offering. He expects us to fulfill the purpose of Relief Society as never before."

Sister Sylvia Allred -Temple Worship

"The covenants we make with the associated ordinances we receive in the temple become our credentials for admission into God's presence...These covenants elevate us beyond the limits of our own power and perspective. We make covenants to show our devotion to build up the kingdom."

Sister Barbara Thompson -Relief Society -An Army of Righteous Sisters - It is time to step up!

"Relief Society magnifies the talents and faith of each woman through offering the opportunities to bless the lives of others."

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf -Creating and Compassion

-Women who find ways to create and to serve others will emulate the Savior.
"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."
-Serving others opens the windows of heaven.
"As we lift others, we rise a little higher ourselves."

I am thankful to be a member of the Relief Society, the largest women's organization in the world. I have been blessed throughout my life by this great organization. I have been served and strengthened by so many dear sisters. I have seen the example of my mother, mother -in-law, grandmothers and daughters as they have served others. It is such a blessing to be a woman in the church today and to be a part of the Relief Society.

3 comments:

jen said...

Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend too. I thought the broadcast was so wonderful! It was so enriching!

The corn place looks like a lot of fun too. I'm excited to go to the one here, but it's not nearly as cool as that. David Archuleta... cool :)

Lena said...

I too am so grateful to be a part of Relief Society! Thank you for you comment ;) It was my pleasure- I wish I was closer to them now so that we could raise our kids together!

Bon said...

I was so bummed I missed it. I have been so sick, plus my brother got here right when it started! But I am looking forward to reading and soaking it all in!

Thanks for sharing too...now I am really excited to hear all of it!!