Monday, October 5, 2009

October General Conference

I love conference weekend!! I feel uplifted and encouraged by each of the messages that I heard. I felt the spirit through the spoken word and the beautiful music! I felt excitement as the 5 new temples were announced. Our Daughter-in-Law, Rachelle, is from Brigham City so we are thrilled for this temple.

I loved Elder Perry's talk about the Manti Temple. Because we had just gone there and had been to Sanpete county it seemed so personal. Elder Sitati spoke to the missionaries when Cameron was serving in Zimbabwe. I love hearing the leaders from other countries share their testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel. The growth that is happening in the church world wide is exciting. I am grateful for Brianna's sacrifice and serving a mission at this time. She is doing a great job in helping this work go forth. I love our church leaders and feel so very blessed to be able to hear the words of a living prophet and Apostles.

I think the greatest message I got from conference was to become more Christ-like through love, service and virtue.

Here are a few other things I learned and need to do to improve my life.

*I feel a great need to be of more service to those around me because of President Monson's talk.

*I felt the spirit and strength of Elder Holland's testimony as he bore witness of the Book of Mormon. I have a desire to read and study this great book better and apply it's teachings in my life.

*My testimony of Joseph Smith was also strengthen though the Conference messages.

*I have a desire to learn to recognize the promptings of the Holy Ghost more in my life. Elder Scott and Sister Matsumori taught great principles about recognizing the spirit and letting it guide our lives.

*I learned the importance of being consistent from Elder Bednar. I need to be more diligent and have perseverance in living the gospel.

*I feel a great need to hang on to the rod through the mists of darkness as Sister Dibbs shared in her message.

* I also feel the need to be more temperate and patient in my life.


The 2 days went too quickly!! I am looking forward to reading the conference talks again next month in the Ensign. I feel so blessed to live in a time that we receive revelation and guidance from our loving Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Drewmeister said...

I came away with almost exactly the same things. I found Sunday esp. inspiring.