Friday, December 11, 2009

Our New Grandson!


Our newest grandchild arrived December 8th at 1:03 A.M. He came a week early and surprised us all! Both he and Melissa are home and doing well.

Landon Brian Nuttall.

We are so excited to have this little baby boy join our family. We have now been blessed with 9 grandchildren. Wow!! We still can't believe we have that many.

As I wait for each birth of these grandchildren I am truly amazed at the miracle of birth. I think even more so now than when I was having my own children. The veil to this life and the next is very thin. I especially have felt that this past week. I am so thankful for the support of all our family. Those who live on the earth now and those who have already left this earth life.

When I was a teenager I first read a poem called "My Day Old Child" by Carol Lynn Pearson. I have always loved this poem and it came to mind this week after the birth of Landon.

My day old child
My day old child in my arms
with my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly "How I wish,
I wish that you could hear,

"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(a tiny cough and nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
so I can tell you about God."

My day old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled his ear,
but a kind of light passed through his eyes.
and I saw this thought appear,

"How I wish I had a voice and words,
I've a hundred things to say,
Before I forget, I'd tell you of God,
I left Him yesterday."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bon said...

What a blessing. He look so much like her little boy Jackson.

Lynette said...

Congratulations on your new grandson! He is adorable! I can't believe you guys have 9 already... I'm jealous, I want more too ! lol! I love the poem you posted. It brought back memories of when my babies were first born and the awe that I felt just looking and holding them and knowing that they had just left Heavenly Father and how I wished they could talk and tell me all about Heaven. You guys are truly blessed.

Lynette said...

Congratulations on your new grandson! He is adorable! I can't believe you guys have 9 already... I'm jealous, I want more too ! lol! I love the poem you posted. It brought back memories of when my babies were first born and the awe that I felt just looking and holding them and knowing that they had just left Heavenly Father and how I wished they could talk and tell me all about Heaven. You guys are truly blessed.

Lorin and Marilyn said...

That's one of my favorite poems also. New babies are such blessings. Congrats, and tell you family hi for us.