Thursday, July 10, 2008

27 Years of Wedded Bliss!

Today we are celebrating our 27th Wedding Anniversary!
It is amazing how fast the years have passed.

I have been so blessed to be married to Mick, he is an amazing man.
He loves me, his children and grandchildren and would do anything for us!

He has provided a wonderful life for me filled with fun and adventure.
Most of all he loves the gospel and is a faithful Priesthood holder.
My life has been greatly blessed because of him.

For me personally I know that I met my perfect match 27 years ago.
I look forward to spending the Eternities together!

We were sealed for Time and all Eternity July 11, 1981 in the Salt Lake Temple.

We had a beautiful outdoor reception in my parents backyard.

Just as the reception was starting it began to sprinkle.

It only lasted a few minutes and in it's place was a double rainbow. We have always felt that this was a good sign marking the beginning of our life together!

Here is our story:
We met January 3, 1981 at a dance.
It wasn't just any dance it was a Disco Dance at the Star Palace!

He said: I saw her come into the room and I knew that was the girl I was going to marry.
She said: When I saw him I thought "that looks like the type of guy I would like to marry".

We danced all of the dances together.
We went to a BYU 14 Stake Fireside the next night.
Talked once during the week and saw each other the next Sunday.

We got engaged that night!
That is right it was only after 8 days of knowing each other!

The proposal went like this:
He said: What would you say if I were to ask you to marry me?
She said: Are you asking?
He said: I guess I am.
She said: Than I would say yes.

6 months later to the day we were married.
It was love at first sight and has grown incredibly since!

"Our song" came out a few months before we got married.
Anne Murray's "Could I have This Dance?"


In the beginning there were 2.....
soon it grew to number 9.



We are now 18 and counting!!


Mick is my best friend and confidant.
I cherish our time together. It doesn't matter what we are doing,
working, playing, worshiping or just having fun.

I met and married the man of my dreams!
I love you Mick!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Bon said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are he perfect couple and to very special people! I hope you have many more years of bliss!! Which I am sue you will!:)

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! I look up to you both so much and the marriage you have had. I love your tribute and the stories you shared with it. I love you guys!

jen said...

That's so sweet Mom! I'm happy you guys love each other :) Happy anniversary! I love you!

Brittany said...

happy anniversary! You guys are so amazing and I love you so much. Thanks for all you have done for me and the way you have raised me. OH, by the way, in less than 3 months it will be 19!:)

Connie said...

Hooray for marriage!! Not only are you together after 27 years, but your excited about it and looking forward to more!! Congratulations!! Thanks for the good example you have shared as well. I know our family has benefitted along with many others.

Lynette said...

Happy Anniversary! Your story is similiar to ours. When you find the right person you just know. Dan and I met 2 yrs before we started dating and we only dated 3 months before getting married and now we are going on 25yrs! Branden asked me once how do you know your in love/is this the right person, I told him you just know! And that was what he said about Sharla.

Katie Lee said...

27 years... congratulations! Our parents just had their 30th... I am so excited to spend that many and more years with my husband. You look very happy!

wendysue said...

Wow. What a story. I love it, and congratulations!!