Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Flowers!

We have these pretty Daisy's blooming in our garden now.
The roses have been beautiful but the hot weather has gotten to them.

I was excited to see this Clematis growing.

It didn't bloom last year. We just figured it was some kind of vine plant.
Mick cut it down at the end of the summer, all that was left was a small branch.
It appears to be a pretty hardy plant as it is growing like crazy.
Hopefully we will get some more flowers on it.
This is a plant that you don't want to get close to during the day.
We have a big wasp problem here. Mick tried to find their hive the other day
and instead made them mad. So we had wasps swarming everywhere.

More Daisy's with some Hollyhocks.

This is a really pretty flower, lots of delicate petals.
We have the more traditional Hollyhocks growing in our backyard.
My Grandma Spencer had Hollyhocks growing on the side of her house when I was growing up.
I have always loved these flowers and could never quite figure out how they made dolls out of them.
I guess I will have to look it up on the Internet.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa said...

wow, I didn't realize they were already blooming so much. They all look gorgeous! My favorite ones are the purple ones. I'm glad you can enjoy the flowers after so much weeding. :)