Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mick's "Tara"

If you are familiar with Gone with the Wind you will know that "Tara" is the plantation owned by Scarlett O'Hara. As Mick has worked in the garden weeding he said that he has the Gone with the Wind Theme song continually running through his head.

When the train goes by Carly, Kaylie and I have felt like the slaves on the plantation picking cotton.
It is funny where your mind takes you when you spend time working in the dirt.

Our garden is growing well. Mick has spent lots of hours weeding.
I have been more limited because of some back problems.
I think I over did it with all of the weeding that has needed to be done !

Our corn is growing high....hopefully it will soon be as high as an elephants eye!

It is fun seeing the garden grow.
We even have a few tomatoes growing.
Mick has done a great job in getting all the weeds out...don't the rows look awesome?!!

Mick was excited to pick our first green pepper.
We ate it in fajitas last night....it was good!

Our onions are growing really well. They have a strong fragrant smell.
It is amazing the growth that has happened in the garden in a few short weeks.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bon said...

Wow- it is looking awesome! We just picked all of our peas, 2 crook neck squash and four zucchini! My husband was so excited that when I told him we had things to pick, he raced home from work! HA! It has been for for us to work along side our children!

jen said...

Wow! It looks great! My garden is okay now, but I'm sure next year will be better. It looks like you guys will have plenty and maybe some to share :)

Melissa said...

wow, that looks really good. Can I pick some while your gone? :) yummy! I'm glad everything is growing so well.