Monday, November 12, 2007

Summer Travel (4)

The Susquehanna River Mick and I love this spot where the Priesthood was restored.

We got to the grove early so that we could have some quiet time to ourselves. It was so peaceful and beautiful there. We are so thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith and the prayer he offered in this grove that brought about the Restoration of the Gospel. The Sacred Grove

The Hill Cummoprah Pagaent.
We had a great time meeting many of the cast members and trying to guess what part they were playing.
Mick overlooking the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvannia.

This famous canyon was about 30 minutes from Mansfield, Pennsylvannia were we stayed for the week with EFY. It was a beautiful hilly area. We had a great week with the youth at EFY. It was especially great having Carly and Kaylie with us.

We finished our session Saturday morning and started driving home.
We drove for 2 long days, but it went amazingly fast.
We were grateful for the chance to see parts of this great country and to feel of the spirit in the Sacred Church sites.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

JPI said...

pretty country. I'm getting an urge to go on a church history tour again.
Is that really King Noah?

Jared

Bon said...

What a beautiful vacation. My family and I unfortunately couldn't go with my family on the church history tour this year, because of my husbands work. But The pictures are truly amazing, I am sure being there in person is even more amazing! What a neat experience! I love all the new entries!:)

Bonnie