Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Garden Harvest!


We have been pretty excited to get some vegetables from our garden.
I made this chili sauce last week using tomatoes,
onions, green and red peppers that we had grown in our garden.
That made me feel a little self-reliant.

I remember my mom making this chili sauce when I was growing up.
It is my Grandma Anderson's recipe
I loved coming in the house and smelling it's wonderful aroma's.
Carly and Kaylie did not delight in the aroma and wondered what smelled so bad in the house!

On Sunday we had a meal from our garden. It was Delicious!
Tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, and a zucchini from one of our fellow gardeners.
For some reason our zucchini is not growing well. We thought that zucchini would be the easiest to grow.
We are still hopeful that it will produce in the near future.
We have also been enjoying corn on the cob!

I will be making salsa and bottling pickles in the next week.
We are thankful for the blessings of the harvest!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bon said...

Oh I would love recipes! We have been enjoying our garden too! But I definitely need a variety of ideas on what to do with it all!

jen said...

Mom you should post your recipes! Did I ever taste the chili sauce? Maybe next trip :) I'm impressed!